This bathroom is a working powder room in Impala’s Drummoyne showroom. Award winning designer, Andrew detailed this bathroom. His objectives were:
1. For the room to be striking and eye-catching, yet also a practical working bathroom which would be used on a daily basis.
2. Material selection to be contemporary with custom joinery a focal point.
How the objectives were met:
1. The floor was tiled using metal industrial look tiles, interesting yet also practical to withstand daily usage. Concrete look tiles were used on the wall to provide a dark moody feeling. A feature wall using hexagon tiles with charcoal and silver metallic in the toilet area adds interest and creates a striking element to the space. All the wall finishes combine for a modern, industrial look.
2. A large wall mounted vanity with Corian and black veneer with metallic silver thread combines with the hard edge look. The vanity top has a moulded basin and wall hung mixer tap, making cleaning and maintenance easy. The vanity itself has deep drawers cut out to allow for plumbing and has a dual purpose of providing useful storage.
Wall mounting makes the narrow room appear larger. The veneer surround to the shaving cabinets allows for more lighting options as the room has no source of natural light.
3. The black toilet is on a Corian wall, making it a unique feature far removed from the ubiquitous white toilet. The matching coloured satin polyurethane ceiling panel carries the room light and provides another added interesting feature.
4. The Caesarstone hob in Vanilla Noir is a practical bathroom application providing ease of cleaning, minimising grout lines and enabling additional storage/display space.
5. The frosted glass panel provides privacy when using the toilet.
6. The space utilises various forms of lighting, including LED light strips, LED downlights and florescent lights in the shaving cabinet covering all forms of lighting from general to ambient and task lighting.
7. The tall wall mirror doubles as additional storage space as a cabinet is recessed into the wall.
8. The finishing touches of a heated towel rail, toilet roll holder and hooks, show considerations to the bathroom’s practical use.
This bathroom has been very well received by staff and clients alike