Make the most of the Australian climate and install an outdoor kitchen/BBQ area. There are many treatments for an outdoor kitchen a few of the most important considerations will be:
1. Is it undercover?
2. It’s best to use a waterproof board for the cabinets irrespective
3. Make sure the BBQ surround is non-combustible, something like stone or compressed fibre cement sheeting
4. Understand the properties of the bench top you are installing, can it withstand weather, rain and sun? There are certain stone products (natural and man-made which are suitable) as is stainless steel.
5. Do you need a gas or water service brought to the area?
6. When designing your outdoor kitchen, think about the fun stuff like pizza ovens, bar or wine fridges, sink and dishwasher and of course any entertainment system.
7. Also don’t forget about lights – often the BBQ is used of an evening !
See below for some examples of outdoor kitchens Impala has made for clients over the years.