Laundries tend to attract a lot of clutter. Joinery can be made to suit your storage requirements and you can even choose materials and a colour scheme to compliment the other rooms in your home. Here are some handy ideas for your laundry that will get you organised in no time:
1. Get your cabinet maker to make custom joinery, such as overhead cupboards to store items away.
2. Make a cabinet to store a laundry tub – ensure the tub is big enough for a bucket and the tap has a goose neck so you can place a bucket under with ease.
3. Keep everyday items such as washing detergents in a cabinet to keep clutter to a minimum.
5. Ensure there is room for as many laundry baskets as required for you and your family. It’s a good idea to check they fit in a cabinet to minimise clutter.
6. If possible install a hanging rod to hang items which need ironing such as business shirts.
7. Ensure there is enough bench space to fold clothing.
8. Don’t forget to allow room for a dryer.