Bathroom designs can be influenced by not only the style that you wish to achieve, but the space that your bathroom can occupy. Your bathroom renovation or remodel needs to offer both practicality plus an element of relaxation. Consider the following 9 bathroom design tips:
1. If your bathroom will be used for early morning starts to the day then a practical design will suit. If it is used for relaxation, then space and aesthetics will be important.
2. Underfloor heating with a digital thermometer will offer comfort in cold weather.
3. Your bathroom should compliment the rest of your house so choose tiles, tapware and cabinetry accordingly.
4. Research tile properties. Some tiles are more porous than others and require regular maintenance. Purchase additional tiles – you may need them in the future!
5. Waterproof your bathroom, use a licensed waterproofer and obtain a waterproofing certificate.
6. Use slimline shaving cabinets with mirrored fronts for storage space.
7. Use niches cut into walls to store shampoo in the shower.
8. Use recessed lights under shaving cabinets for a practical lighting solution.
9. Position exhaust fans at the opposite end of the bathroom to the door – fresh air will be pulled through the doorway into the bathroom.