This kitchen was designed to suit the client needs of combining 3 smaller rooms and transforming these areas into one large open plan kitchen. Colours were to be warm and comforting yet also on trend.
Specific client requests :-
- To change the previous U shaped kitchen into a modern, stylish and sleek looking kitchen by removing walls and opening up 3 rooms into one big kitchen space.
- A large island bench with new modern appliances and lots of storage.
- Incorporate the current much loved lounge/seating/dining area in the new area.
- To change the colour scheme to be more modern to reflect the renovations on the outside of thehouse.
The New Layout Functionality :-
- The kitchen flows naturally with the island bench having easy access from all sides.
The grouping of the dishwasher, oven, sink and fridge all make cooking and cleaning logical.
- There is plentiful bench space around the cooktop as well as the island to prepare for cooking, cooking and general family use.
- The complete integration of the fridge, no handles on the cupboards and induction cooktop all provide a seamless and stylish look to the kitchen.
- A unique design saw the kitchen moved to the back wall. This created one large area – combining all the spaces from 3 previous rooms as well providing a solution to a previous unused space.
- The new space anchors the whole house and connects the family while they are doing different things in the area without interrupting activities they are each involved in.
- The colour palette feels modern and not following the easy trend of white/grey and suits the client’s style.